Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we gathered at Dave and Michelle's for dinner, with lots of food to eat and plenty of company to visit with. It was a beautiful day outside the kids were able to play football, basketball and go for walks.

We ate dinner around 1:00 and were done by 1:45.



As for the guys it was football time on T.V. For the women it was time to study the ads for the black friday shopping extravaganza. After looking through the ads for hours we decided it was time to break and play some games. We had a great time playing. We played a game I have never heard of called wacky six. That was so much fun! After deciding what time we were leaving the next morning (3:30 a.m.) we decided we should probably clean up the dinner mess and head for home to our beds. Yea, that didn't happen. I got home around 8:00 did a little more studying on ads, took a shower so that I didn't have to in the morning, and tried to go to bed at 9:30. With all the commotion going on with 4 kids I tossed and turned until 10:30. I think a lot of it was excitement for the next day. Before I knew it I woke up on my own at 2:15, could I go back to sleep, NO! I laid there for 20 min and decided that I just as well get up and spend a little extra time on my hair. So I did and was ready to leave at 3:00 the only problem was that everyone else was going to be ready by 3:20 so I thumbed through the ads some more. As I picked everyone up they were all chipper and ready to go. We headed off! The day was filled with rushing, relaxing and comedy. As most of you know a day with me is a day filled with laughter. Okay, so I'm a little blonde so what! I won't go into detail but lets just say it was pretty funny. Our day ended at about 8:30 p.m. yes we were gone that long!
This time of year is a time to remember all the things we are thankful for. I am very thankful for my family and the love and the association that we share with each other. I am thankful for the Savior for the love he gives us each and every day. I'm thankful to have the gospel in my life for the many great things it teaches us. I'm thankful for the opportunities that we have to live in this free country. And last but not least I am thankful for fun shopping days with my family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great day (both of them) thanks for sharing it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey I stole a picture because I always hear I don't ever have any picture of me on my blog. I have one of you, you are sure to like:)